Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Time Is Here!

As you all know (all of you in the eastern Nebraska/western Iowa reading audience)... it snowed this past weekend!!! And yes, I soaked it all in as much as I could!

The day started with the first regular season basketball game for the Cornerstone Christian Cougars! We played hard, but lost the game.  It was definitely good for our guys to get some more "game" experience and build their confidence.  I'm very blessed to have two great assistant coaches; Coach Drake and Coach Moritz.

After the game is when the 'fun' started.  It had snowed a good 2 inches and the streets were SLLLLICK! And the hills of east central Omaha also made for interesting travel.  But once I arrived home, the day was perfect.  The snow fell all day and I had a ROARING fire a-blazin'.  There was football on TV, countered by Alaskan State Troopers on the National Geographic channel... followed by some intense Call of Duty play by me and my roommate JJ. Amongst the TV watching was some good ol' fashioned popcorn. The best.

The classic line from Saturday was from JJ - "You know you are having a lazy day when you stand up from the couch and you get a light head."

Then Sunday came....

As you probably know, I LOVE Christmas.  Christmas music. Christmas lights. Christmas decorations.  Christmas movies. Christmas bell ringers... the whole sha-bang-abang. BUT... Christmas music in place of worship music... that is still hard for me to grasp. Not that I don't think its possible to worship to Christmas music... it's just harder since those familiar tunes are all too familiar.  But tis the season...

Anywho... I hope you all enjoyed the snow and the weekend.  Christmas is less than 3 weeks away so get your shopping done.  Also, take time to go on a walk... I know it's cold outside, but there's nothing like a walk in the crisp air to make you appreciate the warmth of your house!

PEACE and BLESSINGS

1 comment:

  1. I will be buying your Christmas present soon...popcorn. Ooops! I guess I let the cat out of the bag. :)

    ReplyDelete